Acton Town Council Meeting Minutes – Draft 11-2-2015
- Flag Salute and Roll Call – Meeting called to order at 7:31 p.m. Present at the meeting were the following ATC Board members: Chris Croisdale, Ray Billet, Jacqueline Ayer, Tom Costan, Palm Wolter, Thor Merich, Kelly Teno, and Katherine Tucker.
- Minutes of 10/19/2015 were approved.
- Treasurer’s Report: ATC checking account holds $1734.27
- Sheriff’s Report: Dept. Short – none available
- SCE Report: None
- Library Report: John Elford handed out November 2015 events for the Library.
- Announcements and Correspondence:
- It was announced that there was going to be a Red Cross blood drive in Acton on 12/23/2015 from 10:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Reservations to donate blood can be made on line. An anonymous comment was received on the ATC website regarding Taco Bell: the person who has lived in Acton for seven years asked why the residents have to pay high prices as opposed to paying lower prices at a restaurant like Taco Bell.
- Jacki Ayer received four invitations to speak at the local area town councils on how the newly adopted Antelope Valley Area Plan is going to be adopted in light of the LA County Planning Commission Taco Bell development decision. The Town Councils who requested Jacki to speak to them are the following: Antelope Acres, the Lakes, 3 Points, and Leona Valley.
- Acton Town Council 501c 3/ 4 – Update: The approved Acton Town Council Bylaws and Standards of Decorum will be forwarded to Attorney Randall Fink.
- Taco Bell Discussion: The ATC received notice from the LA County Board of Supervisors that the Taco Bell hearing in front of them is scheduled for 11/24/2015. The ATC appealed the LA County Planning Commission approval of the Taco Bell Project as proposed to them. They did not respond to any of the Acton Town Council concerns. The ATC is appealing the fact that the project is freeway serving and freeway serving businesses are prohibited in Acton. Also appealed is the drive through aspect of the project. This is considered too intense a use for the area. The ATC will organize a group to go down to Los Angeles for the 11/24/2015 Board of Supervisor hearing on the project. Also, flyers will be made to distribute to the public. 11/21/2015 at 10:00 a.m. – there will be a meeting at the Acton Agua Dulce Library to strategize on what community members will speak to at the Board of Supervisors Taco Bell hearing. Residents can say whatever they want; the meeting will be held to provide guidance for those who are opposing the Taco Bell project as it is proposed and so all of the pertinent points are covered.
- ATC Meeting Schedule Review and Recommendations: Discussion started on possibly holding a formal meeting once a month. This meeting would include voting on issues / projects and hearing reports from the committees. The second meeting of the month would be a working meeting. These thoughts will be further discussed at following meetings.
- Open Forum and Community Input Procedures – Tom Costan
- Committee Reports: Cancelled for 11/2/2015 meeting. Except for High Speed Rail Committee Report: Pam Wolter reported that the next High Speed Rail meeting will be held on 11/9/2015 at the Acton Agua Dulce Library. Pam also announced that Aaron Fakuda requested the presence of the citizens of Acton at the 11/17/2015 High Speed Rail Board meeting in Fresno. They would like 36 volunteers to read pre-made statements. Pam Wolter, Jacki Ayer, and Chris Croisdale will be attending.
- Acton Town Council vacancies: The Acton Town Council will make a public invitation to fill the vacancies on the Council. So far Angela Toghia and Katherine Tucker have sent in their letters of interest and check for $50. The public invitation will ask the applicants to list their qualifications and also their vision for the Acton Town Council. Tom Costan will send out the invitation to be printed in the Country Journal.
- Unfinished business: None
- Open Forum: Elizabeth Billet noted that several acres of land at on the north side of Soledad Cyn. Road and Malinta have been cleared. This included many junipers. No one present knew what was proposed at the site.
Meeting adjourned at 9:30 p.m.
Next scheduled meeting will be held on Monday, December 7, 2015 at the Acton Agua Dulce Library.