Acton Town Council Special Meeting Minutes July 02,2016 Approved
- Flag Salute & Roll Call – Meeting was called to order am. Members present: Tom Costan, Kelly Teno, Jacki Ayer, Pam Wolter, Angela Toghia, and Katherine Tucker
Minutes of Last Meeting
Announcements & Correspondences
ATC 501C3/4 – Update
- Community Comments – Comments allowed on agenda items only (2min. allotment per speaker may be imposed) – No comments from the Audience
- Discussion – Primo Burger Appeal – After discussion Kelly Teno made a motion for the Acton Town Council to talk to the Board of Supervisors on July 5, 2016 about drive through services in Acton. Jacki Ayer 2nd the motion, after discussion Jacki Ayer made an amendment to the motion. ATC recommended language for the Motion. The Antelope Valley Area Plan stipulates that the unincorporated community of Acton does not allow freeway serving commercial businesses in its commercial zones, and it specifically authorizes restrictions on drive-through uses within Acton. Residents have expressed concerns over an increasing number of new businesses applying for permits to operate drive-through services, which are considered uses that attract motorists off the freeway. The proliferation of these uses may negatively impact the rural character of the community of Acton and is inconsistent with the Antelope Valley Area Plan, therefore new drive-through services in Acton should be prohibited. I, Therefore Move that the Board of Supervisors instruct the Director of Regional Planning to prepare an amendment to Section 22.44.126 of the County Code that precludes drive-through development within the Acton Community Standards District effective immediately. Recommended Amendment To The Acton CSD (shown in italics): D. Area-Specific Development Standards. 1. CR-Rural Commercial Areas, Antelope Valley Area Plan Land Use Policy Map. a. No Customer drive-through facilities shall be permitted. b. Buildings in CR areas shall be linked to surrounding rural town areas through trails and pedestrian routes. 2. RL – Rural Land Areas, Antelope Valley Area Plan Land Use Policy Map. Except as provided in this section, all residential lots or parcels shall comply with the area requirements and standards of the applicable zone. If any portion of a new lot or parcel, or an existing lot or parcel, as noted, is located within a Nonurban 1 or Nonurban 2 area, the following requirements apply:… The Project Warrants The Following CEQA Finding: The project is consistent with the Antelope Valley Area Plan, which requires linkages between Rural Commercial developments and Rural Town Areas, and which authorizes amendments to the Acton Community Standards District to restrict drive-through services within the Community of Acton. Therefore, pursuant to Section 15168 and Section 15183 of the California Environmental Quality Act Guidelines and County guidelines, the project is not subject to further environmental review. Kelly Teno made one more amendment to the motion. Acton Town Council President has the authority to change the language presented to the Board of Supervisors on behalf of the Acton Town Council pursuant to discussion with Edel Viscarro and Billy Malone. After Discussion the motion with amendments carried. Jacki Ayer made a motion to seek a meeting between Supervisor Antonovich, Public Works, Regional Planning, and perhaps County Counsel to coordinate implementation of trip rates for Rural Commercial Zones identified in the Primo Burger approval. Pam Wolter 2nd the motion, after discussion the motion carried. Tom Costan made a motion to write a letter to Supervisor Antonovich to state our case and address the process and the lack of communication in reference to the Primo Burger Approval. Pam Wolter 2nd the motion, after discussion the motion carried. Jacki Ayer made a motion to ask for a meeting with Katherine Barger candidate for Fifth District Supervisor and the Acton Town Council to jointly coordinate a common vision for the future of the Acton Town Council. Pam Wolter 2nd the motion. After discussion the motion carried.
- Discussion – High Speed Rail – Jacki Ayer made a motion to request a meeting with Supervisor Antonovich and the Acton Town Council to discuss the pending motion for a letter from the Board of Supervisors that seeks to protect Acton in the same manner and to the same extent that the BOS has previously sought to protect other communities and which opposes all HSR alignments that traverse any portion of Acton at or above grade. Kelly Teno 2nd the motion, after discussion the motion carried.
- Discussion – Hauled Water – Jacki Ayer made a motion to request a meeting with Public Works, Regional Planning, and/or the Health Department to discuss the scope of the ordinance for Hauled Water. Kelly Teno 2nd the motion, after discussion the motion carried.
Committee Reports – No reports
- New Business – In the follow up of the 501C3/4 with Randal Fink, he will still proceed for the original fee of $1750.00 plus a $500.00 filing fee. ATC President is requesting everything to be put in writing plus a timeline for completion. Will discuss at next ATC meeting.
Open Forum (speakers limited to 2 min.)
- Adjournment – 12:36 pm
- Next Scheduled Meeting 07-18-2016 @ 7:30 pm at the Library