Acton Town Council Regular Meeting Minutes March, 21,2016 Approved

  1. Flag salute and Roll Call – Meeting was called to order at 7:30 pm by President Chris Croisdale.  Present at the meeting were the following ATC Board Members: Chris Croisdale, Jacki Ayer, Katherine Tucker, Pam Wolter, Ray Billet, and Kelly Teno.  Absent: Tom Costan.
  2. Minutes of Last Meeting – No changes
  3. Treasurer’s Report – Treasurer Pam Wolter reported there is $1264.27 in ATC Bank Account, no expenses or receipts.
  4. Sheriff’s Report -Deputy Short reported 6 tickets were issued by Offroad Sheriff’s.  He reminded everyone that offroad vehicles are prohibited except on your own property.  Even on your own property you could get a noise or dust complaint which could lead to a ticket.
  5. Library Report – John Elford announced upcoming events for library and reminded everyone that next week is Spring Break and to check the online calendar for events. He announced the library has received extra funds from Supervisor Antonovich which will be used for three classes.
  6. Announcements and Correspondences – Chris announced that Adel told him Starbucks is calling him regularly about wanting to go ahead with the project in Acton.  Adel feels he and the ATC should get together to discuss.       Jacki announced that a flyer about Primo Burger coming to town had gone out in the mail to Acton residents.  The wording is misleading and false, it seems to say the project has already been approved.  There is a postage paid return card asking residents whether they approve the project.  There are many inconsistences  in what was said in the flyer and what was said 4 years ago to the ATC and to what the plans reflect now. The hearing at Regional Planning is on April 6, 2016 and Chris said as many ATC members that can go should.  Pam Wolter made a motion for Jacki Ayer to write a letter for Regional Planning.  It will include all the inconsistences and the things that don’t follow the Acton CSD’s.  She will have it ready to sign at the next meeting. Ray Billet 2nd the motion, the motion carried.
  7. ATC 501C3/4 – Update – Chris sent Randall Fink the finalized By-Laws.  Randall should get to them soon.
  8. Committee ReportsPlanning, Coordination, Trails,& Open Space – No announcements.   High Speed Rail –  Pam announced she still had petitions.  She had the new maps from HSR at the meeting for residents to see.  Jacki talked about the changes in the routes and how they affect Acton.  She is concerned because every community on the map is protected by at least 2 underground routes except Acton.  Pam said when she spoke to Juan Carlos he was very evasive as to how they came up with the new routes.  Chris said as many ATC members as can should attend the HSR Board Meeting in Anaheim on April 12, 2016.  Publicity & Assoc. of Rural Town Councils – Pam announced she was going to try and get Mitch Englander one of the candidates running for Supervisor to come speak at our next meeting.  Jacki spoke about the Candidate Forum. She, Pam Wolter, and Kelly Teno attended.   7 candidates were there and it was very informative.  Pam has asked all candidates to come speak at our meetings.  Finance Ways & Means – ATC needs to do a fundraiser, Pam asked for help on the committee, resident Ruth Brock volunteered to help on the committee. Ideas that were mentioned include, a local restaurant giving us a percentage on proceeds on one day and we get as many people to come as we can. Another was to purchase a large item such as a TV and raffle it off.  Lillian offered to take care of publicity.  Public Works & Utilities –  Chris announced that DPW will restrict the hours in the early mornings on Soledad for filming.  Chris also said DPW will work on Crosswalks and signs for children walking from the Junior High under the freeway .  Emergency Response & Disaster Planning – Michael Hughes wants to still be involved on this committee.  There is a title for the trailor in the safe deposit box.  Pam will get the key when they go to the bank to change the signature card.  Kelly will list Chris as the President on the minutes from 3-07-2016 for bank purposes.  Beautification, Illegal Dumping and Perspective – Katherine will call n illegal dumping on Soledad.  Deputy Short will ask about illegal dumping signs.  An ATC resident talked about illegal dumping at 6865 Escondido Canyon Road.  There is a Planet Aid bin on the road at Sanchez Firewood that always has trash outside it and the bin has been tagged.
  9. Unfinished Business – None
  10. New Business – Pam heard a complaint from an Acton resident about the trucks on Aliso Canyon running from about 3am till late afternoon.  Deputy Short said a truck cannot sit at idle for more than 30 minutes and these trucks are sitting at idle from about 3am till 6am.  Tickets have been written.  Jacki will call Jason Seastrand to see what their permit states.
  11. Open Forum – None
  12. Meeting adjourned at 9:29 pm  Next scheduled meeting is 4-04-2016 @ 7:30pm
Print Friendly, PDF & Email

One Comment:

  1. What exactly are the decibal limits and at what distance when it comes to breaking the law operating off-road vehicles on ones own property? Also, what would constitute excessive dust from said vehicles that would carry the punishment of commiting a crime?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*