- Call to Order and Flag Salute; 7:40 p.m. meeting called to order.
- Roll Call: Present – Chris Croisdale, Tom Costan, Michael Hughes, Ray Billet, Pam Wolter, Jacqueline Ayer, and Katherine Tucker. Absent: Thor Merich. One open position.
- Minutes of last meeting: Minutes of 12/1/2014 meeting read, corrected and approved.
- Treasurers Report: No Report
- Announcements & Correspondence:
- a) Antelope Valley Board of Trade Breakfast TUESDAY, December 16, 2014 at 7:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. at J.P. Eliopulos Hellenic Center – 43404 30th Street West – Lancaster $25.00
- Invitation to participate in homeless count in 2015 – SPA Homeless count
- Letter regarding a tax seminar on 2/6/2015
- Sheriff Report: Deputy: Scott Short (661-272-2571)
- Grafitti at Sierra Center was removed Dave Span. The tags are from Downtown LA gangs
- 4 burglaries so far this month.
- Increase in moving filming in Acton
- SCE Report:
- Drainage issues discussed at the intersection of Juniper Ridge and Nina Road next to the new pad for structure 5 of Segment 6. Segment 11 – Wire stringing between structures 33-44.
- Billboard on SCE property. J. Ayer provided Ordering paragraph from CPUC for SCE. Acton Town Council is asking for one sentence statement from SCE to Cal/Trans stating that they do not give Lamar permission to continue placement of the billboard on their property.
- Red FAA lights – P. Bartoli-Wible will verify if the correct lights are being used.
- Library Report: Valerie Bailey – no report
- Update on 501c3/c4 Progress and comments:
- It was noted that donations to a 501c 4 not for profit corporation are not tax deductible. Croisdale spoke to L. Layton and Johnathan Trevillyan. Mr. Trevillyan will form the corporation at his cost of $1,000. It was noted that we need to put a cap on this cost so the ATC does not go into debt. T. Costan made a motion to use the services of Mr. Johnathan Trevillyan to form the 501 c 4 for the ATC at a cost of no more than $1,000. J. Ayer seconded the motion. The motion was passed unanimously
- Ayer contacted Susan Zahnter from the Three Points Town Council to inquire about the possibility of their sharing of their articles of incorporation.
- Update on Liability Insurance / Comments:
- Two quotes needed. Scott Litchfield is the local Farmers Insurance agent. It was noted that the Acton Community Club has Liability Insurance
- COMMITTEE REPORTS:
Planning and Coordinating, Trails & Open Space, Recreation Committee: (J. Ayer) No Report
High Speed Rail – Pam Wolter
- 12/13/2014 – CHSR Meeting at High Desert School
- 230 people signed in and many comments submitted
- Press was there – Santa Clarita “Signal”, “Antelope Valley Press”
- 12/14/2014 – Surface Trans. Board (STB) ruled that CHSR is exempt from CEQA injunctive remedies (lawsuits). J. Ayer filed a petition with the STB for reconsideration request. Ms. Ayer has party status. If this is denied, then the parties have 60 days to file for judicial review
- Central Valley – support – three gentlemen came to the meeting from a Central Valley action group
- CHSR January Board Meeting – will be held in Southern California
- Coalition will start to get local politicians involved – Assemblyman Steve Wilkes, Tom Lackey, Senator Steve Knight, Representative Kevin McCarthy, Sup. Antonovich
- Upcoming court case – Central California – 1/30/2015.
Publicity and Association of Rural Town Councils Committee – co-chaired by Tom Costan and Ray Billet –
- Costan contacted Lenore Wegstrom regarding the website. She will update the contact information. Tom is working on a new ATC website which will be active by the end of January.
- The need for consistent use of the firstname.lastname@example.org e-mail was discussed. Also, Bios from everyone on the ATC is requested. Serial communication and potential Brown Act issues discussed. See historical information from Agua Dulce Town Council.
Finance Ways and Means Committee – Thor Merich – no report
By-Laws Committee – Michael Hughes.
Utilites Committee – Christopher Croisdale – ATT High Speed Internet access for community
Community Standards and Decorum – Michael Hughes – M. Hughes will set up a meeting for after the first of the year.
Beautification, Illegal Dumping, and Perspective Committee– Katherine Tucker.
– Community member submitted several photos of graffiti to Dept. Short.
Emergency Response and Disaster Planning – Michael Hughes and Cal Oglesby – CERT?
CERT – Report provided 1st meeting of month by Cal Oglsby
Public Works Committee: C. Croisdale
Community Center Liaison – Michael Hughes
Chamber of Commerce Liaison – Pam Wolter
School Board Liaison – Lilian Smith – there are complaints from Newhall School District regarding whether or not it is legal for Acton Agua Dulce School District to sponsor charter schools out of their district. A Judge has ordered the Einstein school to re-submit their petition.
Friends of Acton Park Liaison – TBD
The Women’s Club –Pam Wolter – P. Wolter attended the Women’s Club Christmas Party.
The Boy Scouts of America – J. Ayer
The Girl Scouts of America – TBD
12. UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
- Open Acton Town Council position – M. Hainline submitted a letter of interest to the ATC for the open position. A decision will be made at the next meeting.
13. NEW BUSINESS:
- Gunther letter requesting a zone change from A1 to RC was brought up.
- It was discussed that the ATC needs a formal check list of items that need to be in place before a development project can be evaluated. Ayer will formulate the checklist which will include a stamped set of plot plans and intention of use for the project. Once the checklist is established, it will be sent to the Gunthers. It was noted that with the newly approved Area-wide Plan, that any zone change needs to go through Regional Planning and that the ATC needs to be part of the process. It was also discussed that the ATC alone cannot make decisions for the community.
- Also discussed was a need for a preliminary checklist for developers and a more formal checklist for specific projects. Any contact with developers shall be an agenda item.
- Red Rover Mine – Grading issue – contact at Public Works – Hugo Acevido 661-524-2390
- ATC Meeting Location – M. Hughes noted that the Acton Agua Dulce Library is available for all but three dates in 2015: 1/19, 2/16, and 9/7/2015. Hughes will make sure that the Acton Community Center is available as a backup location.