I’m so opposed to this changing the dynamics of our town!
I don’t want a car dealership in our Town. It would change the appeal and rural life here, we moved here to live in a rural area, we love everything about Acton just the way it is, Don’t add Business that ruins the lifestyle of our Town
This would be view from my front door, would they like to have that by there home
NO. There is no need for one here.
I would like to voice my OPPOSITION to any car dealership in Acton. Vote NO to car dealerships. Keep Acton rural!!
No no no. Dont bring car dealership to Acton. I love Acton n the rural environment. Dont change what beauty is here.
No!!! Especially at that intersection!! Worst place ever for a car dealership. It will be an eye sore and there is absolutely no need for it.
NO to a car dealership in Acton!
If this goes through, it will be right in my back yard.
We do NOT need this kind of business here. There is already a huge truck storage facility at the same intersection. There are huge semi trucks pulling in and out every day – and at night too! The entrance on Santiago will be very dangerous.
A car dealership needs freeway signs – this is not within view of the freeway, so why do they want to be on this corner? The worrying thing is – if the “car dealership is so small – and office space only 600 square feet on that huge lot….once they get their foot in the door, what do the plan to expand?
The prospect is very scary indeed! Keep Acton rural!
There are horse trails here! NO car dealership should be on this corner! There is already too much traffic at this intersection. There was a fatality there a few years ago because of excessive traffic.
No, there is no need for any auto dealerships here. Please keep Acton beauty as it is.
No. This is not needed in Acton!
I am absolutely opposed to a car dealership in Acton. Who in their right mind thought this was a good idea. There is no need for a used car dealership in Acton and that corner is busy enough as it is.
How do we stop this?
We have lived in Acton for 26 years. Every year we see our desirable community diminished. Rural lifestyle does not translate into junk yards. I oppose the idea of letting any such business into my immediate neighborhood. Palmdale and Lancaster are full of corner lots and used cars. Take a look at what they do to a community. Why would we ever permit this to happen in our treasured community?
How are we protesting this?! Is there another petition against this? This would be tragic! It is also going to contaminate the river/wash area right next to this property.
Residents get chastised for runoff from their ranch property, but it is OK to have a car dealership with a maintenance shop that will pollute the natural wash that is adjacent to the east end of this property with oils, gasoline, and other chemicals used to do auto repairs? No amount of promises that this will not happen at this facility will actually stop it from happening. Also, what will the hours of operation be? Only from 9 to 5. Give me a break. NO on the car lot.
THIS “CAR DEALERSHIP” DEVELOPMENT MUST BE STOPPED. Below are just a few reasons:
1. SAFETY/FATALITIES – Average speed on Santiago road is now over 60 mph. Where they wish to have an entrance is a blind entrance/access. Traffic approaching from the 14 freeway has no site line to the entrance/exit to this proposed development. This has fatalities written all over it.
2. LIGHT POLLUTION – Car lots have lighting that would violate Acton standards. We already have a problem with the RV storage facility on Soledad Canyon road.
3. STORAGE LOT – The plans only show a building. This has all the earmarks of becoming another storage lot. No one will buy cars in this area. The area has already become overrun by a Truck and Junk storage lots.
5. GUTTERS – The developer would have to put in gutters and street improvements as the water runoff will be substantial. Again, this will violate Acton standards
6. DEVALUE SURROUNDING PROPERTIES – This development will devalue residential properties on Santiago and Old Miner Road.
I could go on and on, but this “development” is a “wolf in sheep’s clothing.” No businessperson in their right mind would place a car dealership in this location and expect to make a profit. There is no sight line from the 14 freeway and no signage to direct buyers to the location. This is a community disaster waiting to happen in many ways.
STOP THIS DEVELOPMENT!
Comments are closed