Acton Town Council Planning Meeting, August 21, 2017 Approved

  1. Flag Salute & Roll Call – The meeting was called to order by Vice President Russ Fawkes at 7:08pm.  Present at the meeting – Jacki Ayer, Russ Fawkes, Pam Wolter, Ruth Brock, and Kelly Teno.  Absent – Dylan Lunde, Angela Toghia, and Tom Costan.
  2. Minutes of the Last Meeting – The minutes for the 8-07-2017 meeting were passed out. The minutes from 7-17, 2017 and 8-07-2017 were put on hold till the next Regular Meeting.
  3. Community Comments – resident who lives up Aliso Canyon Road complained of the gravel trucks coming down the road. About 95% of the trucks have no net or cover.  It was discussed that we should contact the mine.  The ATC was  invited by the owner to take a tour anytime. Then we can discuss this issue with him.  The resident was asked to get us specific information, time, dates, and pictures.  The same resident spoke about big trucks pulling out at Santiago and Soledad Canyon Road.  He has been cut off twice on his motorcycle.  He was told about the traffic study that has just been completed there and that it warrants a 4 way stop.  It goes for final approval to Kathryn Barger and the BOS in November. Residents are asked to send an email to Kathryn Barger supporting the 4 way stop…It was also brought up that the Sheriff in Santa Clarita has been issuing traffic citations.  Our community should ask for the Sheriff to write them in Acton.  Another resident brought up that there has been a lot of talk on the Next Door site about the loss of the recycle bins at the Community Center.  They were taken away because of people abusing them by dumping all their trash.  There is recycling behind the 49er on the Soledad Canyon Road side.  Also it was brought up about the recycling center at Ave R and Sierra Highway.  The resident who has spoken at past meetings about the ocean containers on her property and her problem with the County.  She was told that the Acton Town Council 20 tears ago put in the Acton CSD for two ocean containers per acre.  She was told there is nothing in our CSD and it is just a policy not an ordinance at the County.  Jacki will write another follow up email to Donna Tremeer and ask for a meeting with her and the County to discuss ocean containers.  The resident was told to check and see if there is an ombudsmen with the County who can help her.   Another resident said she is new to Acton and she owns (leases to buy) 20 acres of land up Crown Valley that used to be a ranch.  She thinks (or was told) that it is commercial land.  She wishes to grow fruit trees and vegetables to sell in the community and hemp.  She said hemp is captured under the cannabis regulations.  She wants to know how the community feels about hemp growing.  She was told that we don’t believe there is any commercial land up Crown Valley Road and that she should check that out.  The ordinance has not been written for commercial or industrial cultivation so she would not be able to grow yet.
  4. Sustainable Groundwater Management Act (SGMA) – None
  5. Traffic Safety – Reported Tracy Costan’s email about “No Parking” signs along Antelope Woods near the Middle School.  The signs are to deter big rigs from parking along the street making it unsafe for students to walk around them.  This will also help facilitate student unloading and loading. Russ Fawkes found information on the Caltrans website which will help a Traffic Study Committee. LA County Safety Traffic Tool Kit will assist with step by step instructions.
  6. Trails – It was reported by Acton Takes Action that trails will now be implemented in site plans on Industrial property.
  7. Significant Ecological Area Ordinance (SEA) – None
  8. Filming and Film Permits – None
  9. Industrial Aesthetics – Ruth the chairperson of Acton Takes Action reported about their meeting with the County and Donna Tremeer and the action the county will take moving forward with Industrial site plans.  She talked about future plans of the ATA and about making a welcome brochure to send to new owners when they start the permit process.  WE should initiate contact to owners and not wait for them to come to us.
  10. Commercial Development – None
  11. Hauled Water – None
  12. Well Yield Standards – None
  13. ATC Bylaws – The committee has had 2 meetings and are about 3/4 of the way through the Bylaws.
  14. Community Standards District (CSD) – Jacki spoke about the reply she got from the County on our recommendations on ZOUP.  The County was not really looking for our comments so much as our approval.  They did agree that Home Based Businesses should not be subject to a Minor CUP.  They did say that vegetation removal is subject to CEQA and therefore subject to the Minor CUP.  It was announced that Regional Planning passed the ban on drive throughs for future businesses.
  15. Agenda Items for next meeting – Cannabis Survey, Sending a thank you to McDonalds for their improvements.
  16. Adjournment – 9:20pm

 

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*