Acton Town Council Meeting Minutes, August 19, 2019, Approved

  1.  The meeting was called to order at 7:05pm by President Jeremiah Owen.  Present at the meeting: Jacki Ayer, Pam Wolter, Jeremiah Owen, Tom Costan, Troy Pieper, and Kelly Teno.  Absent: Dylan Lunde
  2. Community Comments – Brandon Roche appointed to the School Board.
  3. Minutes of the Last Meeting – Tabled
  4. Announcements and Correspondence – Emails the ATC received included Memorial for the firefighters lost in the Station Fire, Jeremiah will attend.  The BOS are implementing Measure W and Acton is not included in the outreach.  Comments were received about the Edison Outages and inquiring about why we might ask for intervener status.  LA Metro email, Jacki wants to request to be put on their list, and to look into Quiet Zones again.  Wants to ask them to a meeting.  Mr Goldberg on Tiny Homes, the map he provided for the property he is looking at is out of the Acton CSD.  One resident spoke about his updated website and there is more on tiny homes.  One resident spoke about his properties in escrow and stated one is in escrow by Gerald Gero.  One resident asked that we ask him to bring something to show he has contacted Veteran Affairs.  We can ask that if he comes back.  Maybe we could ask Tina Carlon to attend a meeting to answer zoning questions.  The ATC Election timeline was announced.  Applications are available at Acton Auto, Library, Perkin Up, and Dignified Home Loans.
  5.  Councilmember Comments – Pam has received phone calls from residents saying dump trucks for illegal dumping have been seen back in town.  Tom welcomed Brandon Roque to the school board position.  Tom also reported that trucks from North Star Minerals are speeding down Aliso Canyon.  We need to reach out.
  6. Heffner Road / Dalusong CUP – We have received information back from several County agencies, we still need to hear from Fire and Health.  Jacki spoke about asking them for a trail easement since their property backs up to two movie ranches that are applying for CUP’s and will be asked for a trail easement.  This will provide connectivity to trails.  We might ask Mr Dalusong if he amenable to a trail easement and ask him to come to the September 16th meeting.
  7. Thousand Trails CUP – The Septic Report only talked about the backwash on the pool.  It seems that Public Health has not considered all the septics in the park that have been added since their last CUP.  Public Health Department approved with no studies.  We should reach out to the reviewer and talk about what we feel they have missed.  Parks and Recreation only requests a trail easement.  We need to ask them what is happening on conservency land trails and why are they not being constructed?  Public Works has asked for no road improvements over the blue line stream.  If this is the case then are they going to give all residential properties the same consideration. We need to reach out to the Fire Department since there are no comments from them.  There are no restrictions placed on uses in the south campgrounds over the river, but restrictions are in place at the KOA.  Can we put Thousand Trails reports on the website to get community feedback.
  8.  Drive-Thru Ordinance / County Counsel – The BOS is considering a revision of our CSD on September 24, 2019.  There was discussion over some of the concerns and facts.  Jacki Ayer made a motion to reach out to the BOS with all of our concerns and facts, to set the record straight.  Tom Costan 2nd the motion.  The motion carried. 
  9. Interim Housing Ordinance – Regional Planning will be at the September 16, 2019 ATC meeting to discuss the draft ordinance which should be out at the end of August.  Comments included the need for safe parking with conditions put on it and enforce the conditions and have a revocation policy.  Also no services at campgrounds.  We should ask our local churches to come on Sept 16th.
  10. Unfinished / New Business – Spoke about calls from residents about Edison shutdowns.  We need criteria on how to prepare for a shutdown.  There will be a Wildfire Townhall for Palmdale. Brandon Roche will get us the dates.  There will be a Decorum Committee Meeting on Tuesday August 27th, 11:00am, Perkin Up.  August 22, 2109 – film ranch CUP’s meeting with County.
  11.  Items for the Next Agenda – Interim Housing, Heffner Road / Dalusong CUP, SCE??
  12.  Adjournment – 9:15 pm
Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*