Acton Town Council Meeting Minutes January 7, 2019 Approved

  1. Call to Order, Flag Salute & Roll Call – The meeting was called to order by President Jeremiah Owen at 7:01 pm. Present at the meeting: Jacki Ayer, Jeremiah Owen, and Kelly Teno. Absent: Ruth Brock, Dylan Lunde, Tom Costan, and Pam Wolter.
  2. Community Comments – A resident from Cedarcroft asked when we were planning a meeting with the Sheriff to discuss offroad vehicles and clarification on what questions we were asking. We will request a meeting after the new sheriff is announced. It was asked if we could have a volunteer sheriff to help in Acton. We will need to go through the sheriff and let them know that we have community members who would like to volunteer. It was asked whether Council will take a position on the County proposed Business Registration. We will add it to our agenda. Mr Bostwick will ask if it has been scheduled for a hearing and get back to us. A resident asked if the meeting about offroad vehicles with the sheriff could be public? The meeting will be Council only but maybe the Sheriff will come speak at a meeting for the public.
  3. Minutes of the Last Meeting – Tabled
  4. Treasurer Report – Tabled
  5. Sheriff Report – Deputy Soffa reported 58 incidents that resulted in reports. Crime is not tied down to one spot it is all over Acton.
  6. Library Report – The library will be closed Monday January 21st. The library can now reload Metro TAP card. Jim Wall announced January programs.
  7. Eagle Scout Project : Dustin Dehemmer – He will reach out to the Chamber of Commerce first then come to present at a ATC meeting.
  8. Ms Kuhnhofer, Broker, Kuhnhofer Properties Inc. – Danny and Chris Kuhnhofer want to get a zone change on their property (near All Valley RV) to Commercial. They want to make an enclosed storage facility for RV’s and boats. Jacki brought up concerns that in the past when the council has approved such a request the owner has changed what their plans were when they originally asked for the zone change. They were asked to put together a small drawing of where they would want the building and a description. The ATC will put it on the website and announce it for a meeting so that we can get community input before we weigh in on the zone change.
  9. SEA Follow-up – Jacki ‘s comment letter is almost finished. Why does the County need to take 80% of someones land when they already have more than 80% already set aside. Jacki worked the numbers for lands that are already set aside in and right outside the SEA and it comes up to roughly 83% already set aside. For this reason minor land divisions should be exempt.
  10. Announcements and Correspondence – None
  11. Councilmember Comments – None
  12. Committee Reports – The following committees had reports Beautification/Illegal Dumping – A resident asked about the dirt right below Vasquez High School. It is probably the County site that they use for road crews. Will reach out to DRP about dumping up Shannon Valley. Traffic Safety – Request from public Health wanting to come to an ATC meeting to speak about traffic calming measures. Jacki reached out to Cal Trans about barriers under the freeway.
  13. Unfinished/New Business – None
  14. Items for Next Agenda – Business Affairs, Bylaws and empty council seats.
  15. Adjournment – 8:11 pm.
Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*