Acton Town Council Meeting Minutes December 17, 2018 Approved

  1. Call to Order, Flag Salute, Roll Call – The meeting was called to order by President Jeremiah Owen at 7:06 pm. Present – Jacki Ayer, Jeremiah Owen, Tom Costan, Ruth Brock, and Kelly Teno. Absent – Dylan Lunde, and Pam Wolter.
  2. Community Comments – Resident from Agua Dulce asked questions about a parcel of land that they seem to be getting ready to build a temple. Whose jurisdiction is the land in Acton or Agua Dulce and have we heard anything? Jeremiah will look into it and get back to them. A resident asked if there was anything that governs fencing for residential. They were advised to read the CSD and talk to the County as to how they interpret it. Tom read Section #7 of the Acton CSD.
  3. Minutes of the Last Meeting – None
  4. Announcements and Correspondence – Plans filed for an ADU on Cedarcroft. Jacki needs to know how to answer an email from Brent Druxbury about the traffic study at Sierra Highway and Red Rover Mine Road, She can’t locate the answer email from the County. Ruth will help find the email. Tom announced that Ruth had donated to the Vasquez High School Cross Country Team and couldn’t attend the banquet. Tom presented her with the plaque from the team.
  5. Councilmember Comments – Tom and Jeremiah attended the monument stone dedication at the Presbyterian Church.
  6. Eagle Scout Project: Mr DeHemmer will attend at a later date.
  7. SCE Wildfire Mitigation: Ms. Liz Seelman – Ms Seelman introduced herself and Mike Gorgui. They gave a presentation with a handout. After the presentation there were questions and answers by residents and the SCE representatives. They included concerns with power shutoffs and residents not being able to use their wells. The fire department sometimes does evacuations long before the fire may get too you. Maybe the State could help give incentives for putting in generators. There was a lot of discussion about undergrounding lines. They will bring all our concerns back to be discussed. SCE reps brought up that most of the fire threat is in the distribution lines and not the transmission lines. They were also asked about looking into a secondary exit for the residents on Foreston Rd. We were told to direct all questions to Liz Seelman.
  8. SEA Discussion – Jacki announced that her letter was about 70% finished and should be completed in the next few days.
  9. ATV/Motorcycle/OHV/Dirt Bike Discussion- A resident spoke about messages he sent to the ATC and to the Supervisors office about his concerns about off roading to close to his home. He gave out a handout listing his concerns and what he felt were solutions. It was brought up that the nuisance, noise ordinance should apply. we need to work with law enforcement and possibly have forestry at a meeting to talk about what can be done. It was brought up that the two residents involved should really try to work out their differences (it has worked for others in our community) so they can live and be respectful of one another. We will address getting a meeting together in January.
  10. Unfinished/New Business – On filming it was brought up that Julie Drake had made a request that the ATC send her our standards that we asked the County for. A copy was given to her at the meeting. New Business – we spoke about Measure W and trying to become exempt from the tax. Leona Valley has become exempt. It was brought up that they drain into the desert and Acton drains into the Pacific Ocean. Could we get an exemption? What would be the mechanism? We need to read the measure to look at the language.
  11. Items for the Next Agenda – Mr DeHemmer, Developer?? Jacki will follow up.
  12. Adjournment – 9:05 pm
Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*