Acton Town Council Regular Meeting Minutes, January 29, 2018 Approved

  1. Call to Order, Flag Salute, Roll Call – The meeting was called to order at 7:32pm by President Russ Fawkes.  Present at the meeting: Rob Peters, Dylan Lunde, Jacki Ayer, Tom Costan, Russ Fawkes, Jeremiah Owen, Pam Wolter, Ruth Brock, and Kelly Teno.
  2. Community Comments – Saturday February 3, 9:00am at the Community Center, Senator Scott Wilk and Assemblyman Tom Lackey will be there to talk to the community and answer questions and listen to concerns.  An Acton resident asked for help in how to deal with one of the access roads leading to his dirt road runs through a subdivision whos HOA wants it closed to the homeowners on the dirt road.  Jacki suggested to review the tract map on the County website to see what they set for public right of ways.
  3. Presentation of Award of Appreciation –  Russ presented a plaque to McDonalds for keeping their renovation and design elements with our CSD.
  4. Metrolink Presentation – Alex Davis, Government Relations Manager, and Sylvia Novoa, Public Affairs Manager came to speak about the vision plan for Metrolink and about their 10 year vision plan.  They want to be able to call on our Community to let us know what’s going on and would like to work with us.  Jacki spoke about the work the ATC did years ago with the PUC and the concerns for what the extra track could be used for.  She also asked about how Metrolink  feels about SB827.  As of now they have not taken a position.  As a resident Jacki would like to be in on the discussion.  Would like Metolink to support that there are areas like ours where it would not work.  They said anyone can go to a board meeting.
  5. Speakers from AADUSD –  AADUSD Board President Ed Porter spoke and the introduced the new AADUSD Superintendent Lawrence King.  Mr King shared a little about himself and the state if the district before speaking about the Safe Routes to Schools.  He spoke about Caltrans coming out in the next few weeks to walk the freeway underpass at Crown Valley.  They will look at a short term fix and later a long term fix. Tom spoke about the previous SRTS Committee and the meeting they had with Senator Knight and many others.  Senator Knight was behind the SRTS which could be a great asset.  Jacki spoke abut the importance of the ATC to know what they are being asked to put in a letter.  She also spoke about trails and traffic studies and would want these things included.  The ATC has a lot of data and could bring it to the table. Superintendent King said he would like to share info and that it is important to work hand in hand Jacki Ayer made a motion to ask the Acton Agua Dulce Unified School District to form an ad hoc committee to work with the Acton Town Council’s Safe Routes to Schools Committee to address a comprehensive plan that involves multiple jurisdictions to address the area between south of Antelope Woods and north of the library.  Tom Costan 2nd the motion. Discussion included can we involve all the schools in Acton in our efforts since our past motions only included Antelope Woods to the library.  We all agreed to start our focus there.  The motion carried.
  6. Filming Coalition Discussion –  Many filming issues were spoken about and the importance of working on standards to work with the community.  Jacki spoke about sections in Tiltle 22 that deal with filming.  Ruth spoke about her email to ask why we are no longer getting notices of filming permits but filming is still going on.  She was told it was an oversight but had been fixed.  The committee needs to set another meeting and then meet with the County.
  7. Sustainable Groundwater Management Act/GSA/Water Haulers Status Report – At the East Acton GSA meeting a member from AVEK was there requesting to be on the GSA.  He was told that the BOS would have to approve that.  They filed to get Acton out of the boundary within the 14 day time period.  Jacki spoke abut the problems she sees with their boundary as they are shown on the map because it puts Acton in two hydrologic areas.  We were asked if we could get agricultural users in our area to be there at the next meeting.  Pam will help with contacts.  We were told that even if the boundary mod goes through water haulers will still have to do hydrologic studies for their CUP.Jacki Ayer made a motion to send a letter to the East Acton GSA asking for explicit clarification that if we include areas not in our hydrologic area that the Department of Water Resources will not reflect our application. Jeremiah Owen 2nd the motion.  The motion carried.
  8. Town Council Communications with Developers – There was discussion about how to handle communications with developers.  Jacki spoke about how the website is in place for developers to contact us and submit all their items for review.  If developers call on the ATC magic jack line they should be referred to the website. Also Ruth who answers the magic jack calls should get the magic jack tongle so people won’t call back on her home phone.
  9. Minutes of Last Meeting –  Jeremiah Owen made a motion to accept the minutes from January 8, 2018 with clarifications.  Pam Wolter 2nd the motion.  The motion carried.
  10. Announcements and Correspondence –  There was an email back to our email about CSD discussion topics and the County will be contacting individual councils in the Antelope Valley rather than doing a group effort.  We were contacted by a resident just west of the proposed Eco Adventure site and they are worried.  We told them to keep an eye out for information on our website and the Country Journal.  Sandra Pursley from Waste Management contacted us, the survey for recycling should be out soon.  Russ shared some Valley Fever legislation information and should we put this on a future agenda.
  11. Councilmember Comments –  Kelly commented that the Bylaws should be ready to present by March.  Russ commented about possibly not having the February 12, 2018 meeting, everyone was in agreement.  Tom thinks we should have an audience sign in sheet and he will design it.
  12. Meeting Format Discussion –  The 1st meeting of the month will be a full meeting with committee reports.  The 2nd meeting of the month will be abbreviated but will still have the capability to make motions.
  13. Agenda Items For Next Meeting – Social Media Outreach, Conservation Camp 11 speaker, LASD speaker, Valley Fever
  14. Unfinished/New Business – None
  15. Adjournment – 11:12 pm
Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*