Acton Town Council Meeting Minutes – 10/5/2015
- Flag Salute and Roll Call – Meeting called to order at 7:30 p.m. Present at the meeting: Chris Croisdale, Mike Hughes, Kelly Teno, Jacki Ayer, Pam Wolter, Tom Costan, and Katherine Tucker. Absent – Thor Merich.
- Minutes of Last Meeting: Two corrections made to the minutes of 9/21/2015 ATC meeting; then approved.
- Treasurer’s Report: $1734.27
- Sheriff’s Report: Dept. Short will provide the statistics for September at the October 19, 2015 meeting. There will be increased coverage of the Acton/Agua Dulce area – 3 cars in the daytime and 2 cars at night.
- SCE Report: SCE, through Edison International, gave the Acton Community Club a grant for $3,000. The Acton Community Club has an agreement with the Acton / Agua Dulce Resiliency Committee. Disaster Preparedness is very important to SCE.
- Library Report: John Elford, Library Manager spoke about the coming events at the library for October.
- Announcement and Correspondence:
- Taco Bell project: Petitions were received opposing the Taco Bell project. Two e-mails were received in support of the project. One was from a long time resident from Shannon Valley. “Mike” attended the meeting. It was explained that Acton is a designated rural community and that no new developments can be approved which would require “urban infrastructure” such as sidewalks, street signals and sewer systems. Sandy Madsen commented that she is continually amazed that people do not understand that Acton as a town does not receive any financial benefit from additional commercial development; that money goes to the county. She also said that people come here by choice to get away from the urban environment.
- Election: Since there were only two applications for the five open positions, Tom Costan moved to allow for elimination of the election when this occurs. Michael Hughes seconded the motion.
- Mathew Romero – Navy Veteran – living in town with parents. He commented on the fact that the Acton Town Council is comprised of mostly “older people” and that it would be good for there to be some younger people on the Council.
- 501 c 4 – Need finalized By-laws to send to Atty. Randall Fink.
- Unfinished Business:
- New Business:
- Committee Reports: Note only High Speed Rail Committee Report covered because of Executive Session which followed the shortened meeting.
- High Speed Rail – Pam Wolter: There have been articles in the AV Press regarding the High Speed Rail looking for Private Investment. There will be community meetings for the Bakersfield to Palmdale route. Pam Wolter will attend the Lancaster meeting. HSR will have a survey team in the area.
- Adjournment – 8:40 p.m.
- Executive Session
Next Acton Town Council meeting will be held on October 19, 2015 at the Acton/Agua Dulce Library.